Are There Really Foods That Make You Lose Weight?
The best foods that make you lose weight are those that are less in calories and fats but are able to fill you up so you don’t want to eat. If you eat foods that are healthy such as fruits and vegetables you will naturally take in less calories. You will see the weight slip off.
When you combine eating healthy with exercise you will have a weight loss plan for life. An eating program that you can live with every day is the best kind of diet. It becomes part of your lifestyle and it is easier to stick with.
- Eat foods that are high in fiber in order to help you feel full. They will also keep your digestive system working properly and prevent fat storage.
- Remove visible fat from any meats that you eat, Lean meat steps up your metabolism and will burn more calories because it takes more energy to digest.
- Fruits and vegetable will naturally add more water to your diet which is very beneficial to weight loss.
- Portion sizes are very important in any foods you eat.
Choose the right foods and you will lose weight faster and the weight will stay off.
Choose These Foods To Lose Weight Faster
Here is my list of the best foods to help in weight loss. Get your list together and go grocery shopping for these healthy food choices.
Grapefruit – Grapefruit has long been known as a fruit that is beneficial to weight loss. If you eat a half of grapefruit before each meal it will reduce your appetite and you will eat less. Eating grapefruit converts food into energy and speeds up your metabolism.
Beans – Beans are a filling food and contains a digestive enzyme that suppresses your appetite. Beans are also known to lower your cholesterol so they are good for the heart.
Vegetables – Vegetables help you lose weight because not only do they fill you up but they protect your body from diseases such as cancer. Leafy green vegetables are the best for you along with carrots and broccoli. Adding these food to your diet will give you an advantage in your weight loss goals.
Olive Oil – Known as healthy fat, olive oil not only flavors your food but will help to make you feel full. It is also has anti-inflammatory properties.
Eggs – Eggs are a good for you protein that fill you up. If you eat eggs for breakfast you will feel less hungry throughout the day.
Apples – The old saying “an apple a day keeps the doctor way” is no old wives tale. An apple is filled with healthy fiber which not only gives you a feeling of fullness but it is a natural antioxidant.
Yogurt – Yogurts contain carbs, protein and fat and keeps hunger at bay by leveling off blood sugar levels.
Oatmeal – Oats are a grain that offers many benefits. It you eat oatmeal in the morning it will keep your appetite away for probably 2 hours longer. The fiber in oats give you so much energy that your workouts will be harder and your metabolism will be pounding. Eating oats also has been known to lower your cholesterol.
Skim Milk – Drinking skim milk gives you the benefits of milk without the fat. Drinking skim milk will help you turn fat into lean muscle.
Each of these healthy weight loss foods have a double benefit because they fill you up and keep you full longer on fewer calories. The key to weight loss is to remember that every pound is equivalent to 3,500 calories. Eat the right foods and you will lose weight.
Use Healthy Substitutions To Make Food that is Better For You
You can make substitutions of foods to help you lose weight. Here are some examples:
- Eat a sweet potato instead of a regular potato and save half the calories.
- Use olive oil when cooking instead of vegetable oil or butter.
- Substitute applesauce or pureed fruite for oils and margarine in baked goods.
- Instead of ground hamburger use ground turkey in recipes.
- Make healthy substitutes for all fat foods in recipes.
- Use egg whites instead of whole eggs.
- Use skim milk instead of regular milk.
- Use fat free sour cream or mayonnaise.
Never cook poultry with the skin on it.
When you are trying to lose weight it is very important to have a plan. There are many weight loss tips to help you stay focused and keep you motivated. Eat healthy, exercise and use some of the many weight loss tips available and you will find diet success because you have adopted an overall healthier lifestyle.